Each year, Koch Eye Associates strives to make a difference, not only for our patients but also for individuals in our community. The Koch Eye Community Outreach program gives us the chance to show our involvement and committed support, especially those in need.
Our doctors and staff are devoted to giving back, whether it is through philanthropic events, donations, or playing an active role in the lives of our neighbors.
Employee Dress Down Day
Each month the employees of Koch Eye Associates choose to support a local charitable organization by paying $3.00 to wear casual attire to work for one day each week. All proceeds go to an organization selected by our employees.
- October 2019-Evie North Stars - Evie North worked for many years at St James Surgery Center. Sadly, Evie lost her battle with breast cancer in 2019, leaving behind her husband, and three daughters. The employees of Koch Eye Associates worked together to purchase items for "BeliEVE bags" which contain some of Evie's favorite items to help those currently fighting breast cancer.
- November 2019-Heroes Horizons - Heroes Horizons was created to assist our local veterans with day to day needs through hands on volunteer programs. The goal of Heroes Horizons is to spread awareness of veteran suicide and to serve those who have bravely served us. In providing assistance to veterans for their basic needs, we strive to restore hope to our heroes who have fallen on hard times and to inspire change on their horizons. heroes-horizons.org
- December 2019-Breads and Threads-Breads and Threads is a group of volunteers that get together every Sunday to make a couple of hundred sandwiches that are then distributed to the homeless across West Warwick, Pawtucket and Providence.
- January 2020-Confetti Foundation-The Confetti Foundation supplies birthday parties to children who have to spend their birthday in a hospital, pediatric oncology clinic, or hospice facility.
- February 2020-JSEC Goods The food pantry at Jaunita Sanchez Education Complex provides a weekly backpack program that allows students to bring home non-perishable food for the weekend. For some students, school meals, breakfast and lunch, may be the only nutritious foo that students eat on any given day.
Employee Volunteer Program
The employee volunteer program was built on the Koch Eye Associates tradition of caring and giving back to our community. Every year, our full-time employees are encouraged to take a day out of work and volunteer their time and talents at a charity of their choice. We believe in making a difference not only as a company but also as individuals, making our community that much stronger.
SPORTING EVENTS SPONSORSHIP - At Koch Eye Associates, we strongly believe in the well-being of the families in our community.
Tour De Cure
In 2013 and 2014, we encouraged our employees to form a team of volunteers, friends, and families to participate and raise money as riders to help fight diabetes. We raised over $7,000, and today, we continue to support the efforts to make a difference in the lives of those living with diabetes.
The sentiment shared by everyone at Koch Eye Associates is that as long as there is a major sporting event that promotes well-being for families in our community, we’ll be there to support them.
HOLIDAY BENEFITS AND FUNDRAISERS – Some of the most popular events shared by the employees at Koch Eye Associates are the holiday fundraising drives. Each year throughout the months of November and December, special collections are held in all our offices to benefit local charities, such as Crossroads of Rhode Island, RI Community Food Bank, VFW Centers, Gifts of Warmth for Warwick Seniors and many other causes that assist the needy. Adopting families at Thanksgiving and Christmas is always especially popular among the staff. Over the years, the employees have come forward not only with generous monetary assistance but also donations of clothing, personal care items, and food products.
In the past, we were privileged to support the following organizations, and we look forward to continuing support:
- AIDS Care Ocean State
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Red Cross RI Chapter
- Amos House
- A Wish Come True
- Blackstone Health
- Boys and Girls Club of Newport
- Catholic Family Life Insurance
- Cornerstone Adult Service – Coventry, Warwick, Apponaug
- Crossroads RI
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Friends Way
- Hope Alzheimer’s Center
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of RI
- Meals on Wheels of RI
- RI Community Food Bank
- RI Mentoring Partnership
- Warwick Senior Center
- West Warwick Jaycees of Kent County
- West Warwick Public Library